Fluffy and fresh trout fritters work amazingly well with this lusciously seasoned aioli and a bright perk of lemon. I love to serve these with an ice cold cucumber gin fizz.
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 4-6 as a light appetizer
1 Tin of Scouts’ Trout
1 Cup of AP Flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
Salt to taste
2 cups of high temp oil
½ cup aioli
Dill sprigs to garnish
Lemon wedges to garnish
1. Drain trout and save liquid
2. In a stainless steel bowl, mix together trout, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and one egg. Mix together gently.
3. Heat high temp cooking oil in a high sided pot and bring to 300 degrees (you can test this by dropping a small bit of batter as a test)
4. Fry fritters in small batches by dropping them into the oil with two spoons. Turn them as they become a golden brown on each side.
5. Drain on a piece of paper towel and lightly season, Serve with some Aioli with the reserved liquid swirled into the top