A classic recipe, done Scout style. Consider adding some sunflower seeds for a kick of protein, and serve alongside a big ol’ glass of milk.
Cook time: 10 minutes
1 tin of Scout Tuna in Olive Oil
1 cup of english cucumber, sliced
½ green apple, sliced
1 tbsp of lemon juice
3 tbsps of softened cream cheese
1 sprinkle of sea salt
½ cup of alfalfa sprouts
2 slices of soft rye bread
1. Thinly slice your cucumbers and green apple. Squirt some lemon juice on top.
2. Lay down your two slices of bread and spread cream cheese over each.
3. Load the bottom layer with cucumber and apple slices, with a sprinkle of sea salt on top.
4. Open your can of Scout Tuna in Olive Oil. With a fork, separate the flakes and layer them over the cucumber and apple. Save any oil you don’t use.
5. Add the alfalfa sprouts and drizzle the leftover olive oil on top. Add your other piece of bread on top, and wrap in wax paper for a great lunch to-go.