This simple recipe will ensure you go back for seconds. Serve alongside a glass of chilled Chinon.
Cook time: 7-10 Minutes
Serves: Serves 2 people as an appetizer or a light lunch
1 Can of Scout Mussels
1 Loaf of Sourdough bread
4 TBSP of Cream Cheese
1 Lemon (Optional)
Fresh Herbs (Optional)
Small stainless steel bowl
Small whisk or fork
1. Slice thick slabs of sourdough bread and place them in your oven at 350 degrees until the edges start to become crispy and caramelized (approximately 7-10 minutes).
2. Open your can of Scouts Mussels and set aside.
3. Take a small stainless steel bowl and whip a few tbsps of cream cheese with a whisk or fork. Spread it generously on your sourdough.
4. Scoop a liberal amount of mussels on top.
5. Add a light squirt of lemon and any fresh herbs you have on hand.