Who said comfort food cant be fancy? Serve with a hazy IPA and share with your best pal.
Cook time: 30 min.
1 tin of Scout's Organic Mussels
4 slices of whole grain bread
1 cup provolone cheese
3 tablespoons flour
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup milk
1 cup grated provolone
1 teaspoon old bay
1. Melt butter in a small sauce pan on low heat and whisk in flour to form a roux try to remove lumps.
2. Pour in milk and whisk to stir together, increase heat to medium and as it thickens adjust heat as to not scorch the bottom.
3. Once fully thickened, add the cup of provolone and the old bay and remove from heat, set aside so you can assemble your sandwich.
4. Schmear your bechemel generously on both sides of the bread, layer 1 tin of Scout's Mussels between the two sammys, cover with the provolone cheese.
5. Heat a griddle or grill pan on medium-high head, and generously butter the pan, when the butter starts to bubble place sammys down and get them caramelizing.
6. Once you have achieved a nice caramel colour on each side of the toasty sammy, remove from heat and let rest for a minute.
7. Grab some mayo, mustard and a bag of potato chips and #enjoyscout