A classic seafood bisque is thickened with rice, but this one is thickened with plump and juicy mussels, for a lighter taste. Top it off with some crispy toasted croutons and freshly chopped parsley for an elegant lunch.
Cook time: 30 Minutes
Serves: Serves 2 for a light lunch or 4 as an appetizer at supper time
¼ cup of Diced Celery, Onion and Garlic
1 TBSP Butter
2 TBSP Preferred cooking oil
1 tin of Scouts’ Mussels
2 cups tomato Passata
¼ cup Croutons
2 TBSP parsley leaves
Small stainless steel pot
1. Sweat the Onion, Garlic and Celery in preferred cooking oil and a 1 TBSP of butter until translucent and tender.
2. Deglaze with a light red wine and reduce until dry.
3. Add one tin of Scout Mussels and 2 cups of tomato passata or puree.
4. Simmer for 10 minutes on low-med heat.
5. Blend to your taste with a hand blender.
6. Adjust seasoning to your taste and garnish with croutons and fresh parsley.